Protectakote Clear Urethane Primer is a single component urethane primer used to consolidate porous surfaces prior to topcoating with any of the Smartkote anti-slip coatings.
- Used to seal, consolidate and prime porous surfaces such as concrete and wood prior to application of a polyurethane coating
- Thin enough to penetrate extremely dense or power-floated concrete.
- Made from aliphatic urethane and therefore will not yellow, discolour or degrade from UV penetration when used with clear topcoats. It may therefore be used on both interior and exterior surfaces.
- Does not acid etch the surface and therefore can also be used on aesthetically pleasing substrates where it will provide enhanced adhesion without matting or otherwise damaging the surface.
- Has sufficient strength and abrasion resistance to be used as a sole coating in trafficable areas.
- Remains flexible at temperatures as low as -40°C and therefore is the only type of primer suitable for use in blast freezers and refrigeration rooms.
- Provides a moisture barrier, which will prevent subsequent urethane coatings from developing a loss of clarity or pinholes.
- Seals porous substrates such that gases cannot escape and produce bubbles in the topcoat.
- Maximum 7m2 per litre.
- Alternatively >1.5 litres are required for every 10 square meters.
1 litre, 4 litre